The packing has begun. Yes, I leave on Monday morning and I've just now started packing. Yes, I know how little time that leaves me. Yes, I know I should plan ahead better. No, I am not overly concerned.
Maybe I'm too laid-back for my own good, but it'll all fall into place. And if (when?) something goes wrong, half the fun is in the problem solving. That's why I'm doing this. It'll be an adventure, Charlie! Witt is great, but they don't offer classes on navigating Narita Airport while sleep deprived, or using a super high-tech Japanese toilet, or appeasing the aggressive deer at Nara.
Anyhow, I'm super pumped. If nothing else, I love flying. And my airplane is super sweet. Check it out! I've never been on a plane that big. I mean seriously, this is just economy class, too! Awesome.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well, intercontinental flights are usually on big planes, and big planes are just more comfy and more fun.
Remember to pack all your medicine in a carry-on bag! Probably at least one change of clothes too. Because you never know when your luggage will be lost, or how long it will stay lost. So anything really essential should stay with you.
Being laid-back is a good attribute to have when travelling to another country. ^_^ Don't worry, Narita Airport is half in English (it's the Tokyo train stations you need to worry about; no English at all!), toilets have a small and large flush (you can always flush twice!), and the deer just want to EAT CRACKERS. Seriously. Keep your fingers away from the crackers. xD
<3 <3 <3 I'm seriously jealous, but I'd miss my Bryan too much. You'll have to tell me how you'll deal with no David.
<3
Don’t worry about the late packing I started the week before I left and I was still adding stuff to my bags as my dad was wheeling then out to the car. Having just been on an international fight I would suggest that you bring several snacks. With the time changes they may serve meals on the plane at what will feel like odd times. Have a great time and remember even the things that feel like bumps in the road are all part of the adventure.
Kristen!! It's Jaclyn. Yeah, I've chosen anonymous 'cause I have no idea how to blog. Eh? Yea, typical New Yorker, don't kno how to use a damn computer. Anyway, I know you made an update on the blog, but I figured I've told you my vicious Nara deer story, so I figured I'd comment to this one for now. The answer on how to achieve survival from the evil begging and bowing Japanese deer? Hide the food. Don't carry it around with you and hope they'll get the idea. They don't. That's when they chase you.
Well, have a safe trip (if you're not already there...?) and bring back chocolate! And memories. And yourself. You WILL be coming back, yes?
Hugs not drugs,
Miss Jaclyn Morgan
(direct from Witt!)
Post a Comment