I've got all my stuff packed and ready. I'm sleepy and ready for bed, but I have a feeling that even if I lay down I wouldn't be able to sleep. Besides, I need to talk to David tonight anyway.
My flight doesn't leave until 10:00 tomorrow morning, but I have to wake up at 5:45 because I'm flying out of Lexington, so we've got a bit of a drive. Yuck. I'll just sleep on the plane.
So since I'll be far away, I've been eating lots of comfort foods. Chocolate cake, pizza, Tumbleweed, Subway, ice cream, etc. I've probably gained like ten pounds in the last week. >.< Oh well; a diet of rice and fish combined with lots of biking will take care of that. Maybe I should have built up my blubber reserves some more...I'm so like a whale sometimes.
Speaking of which, I think I want to try eating some whale in Japan. My Fern Gully-watching, recycling Nazi self is screaming in opposition, but how often will I have this chance? I dunno. Just a thought.
My next update will probably be from Japan. See you then.
2 comments:
Ooooh, the dreaded flight to Japan. :/ I think I just about went crazy when I went--I couldn't sleep a wink!
I hope you'll be able to keep yourself entertained, and I hope landing in Japan won't be too much of a shocker. (you'll at least notice everything is 300 times cuter XD).
Ganbatte!
Oddly enough, we were talking about Japanese food in Earth Surface Processes on Friday. Andy, who has apparently lived in Japan, mentioned how odd it was that all those whales they catch for research purposes end up in a fish market, though they're really mammals.
Anyhow, the whales will be killed whether you eat them or not. And considering how big they are, you're really just nibbling on a whale.
Another food related thing: Andy stresses that people should avoid natto at all costs. He said it's the only food he's ever gagged on, and he's had many things. Incidentally, apparently natto is very stringy, somewhat like melted cheese, but a natto string has been stretched to something on the order of 11 meters.
I would wish you a happy labor day, except neither Japan nor Earlham recognize it.
I hope your travels were safe, relaxing, and exciting.
Post a Comment