Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bike Crash and Tutoring

Well, I’m pooped after today.

On the way to school I had a bike accident. It was raining so I was riding with my umbrella, which makes me unstable. I was going down one of the narrow neighborhood streets and a car came up behind me. I pulled over to let it pass me, and I kinda freaked out because I started to wobble, and I fell off my bike into the street. Luckily there were no other cars or anything, because it was kinda dramatic. I just laid there for a moment, more surprised than anything. I must have scared the poor driver out of her wits, though. She stopped and got out of the car to make sure I was okay, and helped me get my bike back upright. I wasn’t hurt, really, except for a scrape on my right wrist, and I hurt one of my fingernails and now there’s blood caked under it. It was pretty embarrassing, though, and since it was rainy and wet out I had gotten mud all over my jeans and nice yellow sweater, and there was blood on my white cami. I also realized later that there had been some mud on my face that I wasn’t aware of for a while.

Anyway, I made it to class on time for the written section of my speaking midterm, which went very well, I think. There were one or two points I didn’t know, but in a 70 point test I think that’s okay. Mostly, at that point I was glad to be drying inside and not squished on the road.

I went to the small cafeteria for some more beef curry for lunch today and sat upstairs, which was a nice and secluded spot to study my art cards.

Asian Psych went well today; we had a review class, which will be helpful for next week’s midterm debate and paper.

After classes, I went to tutor back at that little school. It was the same kids, so that was nice, having familiar faces. Today we talked about different kinds of toys and how to say “I have a…” and Halloween. I got back on campus at about 7:00 and had some udon for supper in the cafeteria. I also tried a kabocha croquette, which was a really tasty fried pumpkin cake, rather similar to a hash brown or a hush puppy.

Tomorrow I have midterms in art history and reading/writing Japanese, but I’m not really worried about either. I’m going to study a little bit tonight, and then go to bed early.

No comments: