I have decided that I really want a pet cat. I love cats, but I’ve never had one. I really, really want to get one at some point. It’s weird to think about, but pretty soon I’ll be living on my own, and I can get a cat or an alpaca or whatever I want, really. It’s weird, growing up. Anyway, I think obtaining a cat will be something I do early in my adult life.
Today I had to give the school my notification of whether or not I’ll be staying for spring semester. The semester is almost halfway over. My total stay here is 110 days, and there are only 64 days left. It’s gone by quickly, but I don’t feel like it’s slipping by too fast. I think one semester is a good length of time for me; a year would be way, way too long. I don’t know how people are going to manage to stay so long. But that’s just my personal preference.
Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of my music on iTunes, and I’ve been trying to listen to a better mix than my usual picks. There are a lot of songs that I didn’t know I had. I actually have a lot of Guster, Rod Stewart, and Gackt that I wasn’t aware of. It’s fun to discover or rediscover a really fun song.
For some reason, today I’ve been missing Grandma a lot. ;_; Dunno why today, but oh well. By the way, since she collects salt and pepper shakers, I’ve been on the hunt for them over here. But I can’t find any. Of course they use salt and pepper shakers in Japan, but they don’t seem to be made as souvenirs. So maybe I’ll bring her back just regular old salt and pepper from the grocery, with nice Japanese labels on them. Or maybe she’ll have to settle for a Hello Kitty spoon rest or something. ^_^ Anyway, Grandma, I’m keeping my eyes peeled for something for you.
Today was another successful okonomiyaki and gyoza supper. I’m getting good at the okonomiyaki thing. I’m looking forward to making it for everyone at home when I return. Yum!
I’m really sleepy today, which is strange because I slept exceptionally well last night, and I had a good nap this afternoon. Hmm.
I’ve been doing my research for the upcoming elections. So, this Katie King scandal—quite the mess, isn’t it? My goodness, I can’t believe there’s such a fuss over a minor district judicial race. Is there really a need to mail out pictures of the woman’s tattoos as part of a smear campaign? The amount of hatred that has come out of this is astounding, really. I don’t think she’s anywhere near qualified for the position she’s seeking, but for crying in the mud, keep it clean, kids! You kinda have to wonder, though, what it is about her that inspires such opposition. It’s so strange; it sounds like some sort of botched high school homecoming court campaign. In any case, I’m voting for Holton because of his experience and reputation among the legal community, but I really couldn’t care less about the state of Ms. King’s lower back decorations. What a bizarre local news story. Way to, Louisville.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment