Thursday, November 13, 2008

A good day with several small disasters

I woke up shaking and sweaty last night around 2:30 from a nightmare in which David had drowned and I was lost in a cave with a group of strangers who also kept dying one by one. Not a fun dream.

I arrived on campus this morning about ten minutes early for reading and writing, as usual. But when 9:00 came around, Kawahara-sensei still hadn’t come in. Instead, a guy from the CIE office walked in and said that class was cancelled today. But he took roll, and passed around a paper so we could sign up to come to class tomorrow. I was so mad!

I had come to class today; why should I have to come back again tomorrow?! It’s so lousy. The professor wasn’t there, so class should just be cancelled, right? Oh well. So now, instead of a two hour lunch break tomorrow, I have one hour for lunch because the class I planned to attend today will be happening at noon tomorrow. >.< I’m pretty frustrated with it. And this happened on the week where Tuesday classes were cancelled; I hate Tuesdays because my schedule on Tuesdays is the same as it will be tomorrow. The one week I thought I had escaped my strenuous class day, and it comes back to haunt me!

I used my new bright and early in the morning hour of nothing to complete the rest of my language lab homework for the semester before speaking. After speaking class I ate lunch with William and some of his Japanese friends, which was fun. It’s been a while since I’ve gotten to see him, so it was nice to catch up. We talked about what it was like to move to Ohio from the South (he’s from North Carolina), which was funny; turns out we noticed a lot of the same things about Northerners when we first arrived at Witt.

For supper this evening I made some blackened pepper fish, but I overdid it on the pepper and it wound up a bit too spicy to properly enjoy. I also managed to burn my fingers pretty badly in the process of cooking it, which wasn’t good. Right now I’m wishing I had an aloe plant, because it still hurts. Oh well; the fish looked pretty, if nothing else.

The weather today was beautiful, so after supper I took a short walk in the park near the seminar house. I had forgotten how nice it is just to walk around without a destination; the park is basically just a big open loop, a lot like the U of L apartments' track at home. It was nice, and the moon was lovely.

This evening I’m trying to round up some people to watch a movie or something. I dunno, maybe I’ll just take my reading down to the kitchen and chill with the people there. Sometimes we get a card game going or something.

Hmm, this update sounds a lot more complainy than I intended it too. Really, I've had a very good day and I'm in quite a cheerful mood. I just happen to have had a nightmare, a rescheduled class, burned fingers, and too-spicy fish today. Still, I'm quite chipper and looking forward to the weekend.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

You claim to be in a chipper mood... but I still intend to tell you to not worry about all of this! It'll be okay! <3 ^__^