Today I did absolutely nothing. Slept in, surfed the Internet, napped, ate when necessary, showered, and that's about it. It was glorious.
Except that when the people got back from the Mount Hiei hike, I was really sad that I hadn't gone with them. Turns out that just about all of my friends had gone, which would have made it really fun. They're all excited now about being warrior monks and all. They all talked about it in awe and said it was beautiful, and from the pictures I've seen it seems so. I really do feel like I missed out.
But they also said it was really strenuous and some of the hiking points were actually really dangerous to get around. I heard about numb toes and slipping on rocks. They all looked exhausted, so I know I made the right choice not to go. Still, I'm a little disappointed.
I'm thinking of going by myself maybe on Monday and taking the cable car up the mountain. I don't know.
I'm not really sure what to do with this weekend. The trees are beautiful so I feel like I should go do sightseeing. But the rest of Japan has the same idea, so everywhere is really crowded this time of year. We have Monday off and I have little homework, so I think I should get out and about. I just don't feel like it, though, honestly. I've been thoroughly enjoying my naps. I had wanted to go to Spa World on Monday, but after reading their rules and regulations it looks like I'll have to wait a few days before I'm allowed in the water. So, I've just kinda been hanging around, which is fine, I guess. This is going to be a very busy week for me, so it's nice to rest up.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment