Saturday, November 1, 2008

zzzzzzzzz........

You know how I was planning to go to Nara today? Well, I ended up staying up until 2AM playing FreeCell, so although I kept my alarm set for 7AM, I planned on rolling over to turn it off and going back to bed.

Well, 7AM came, and I somehow decided that it would be a Good Idea to go on a long daytrip involving large crowds, pushy deer, and walking up mountainsides after only five hours of sleep.

Really, the trip was wonderful, and I have a lot to say about it. I'm glad that I decided to go on a Saturday, especially, because it was crowded enough as it was, but Sundays are Japan's tourist day. The weather was perfect, too, and the leaves were beautiful. Nonetheless, my Good Idea was, in many ways, a Very Bad Idea. Now I am exhausted and grumpy and my knees are killing me. So I'm going to bed very soon (assuming I don't play another unexpected three hours of FreeCell), and I'll write about my trip tomorrow.

Oh, but one more thing before I go. You know how I said clothes are really expensive here? Well, they are. But I was able to get a toboggan (a "wool cap" for all you non-Kentuckians), a scarf, and gloves for 100yen each! Yay!

No comments: