Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stuck at the bus stop

I'm really sleepy and I've got to get up at a decent hour tomorrow to go to Den Den Town, so I'll keep it short.

Classes today were fine, though I wasn't happy to have to go to reading/writing. The weather was lovely, too. Took a nice nap this afternoon when I got home.

This evening I went to the izakaya in Hirakata with William. We sat there for about three hours drinking, eating, and gossiping. It was a lot of fun talking about the things we miss at Witt. I also discovered the most delicious plum wine. It was like drinking liquid candy, and I wish I could have had more, but that would have been a Bad Thing. It was nice to be out of the house but still doing something chill.

By the time I headed home, the last bus had already left, so I was stuck at the station. I panicked at first because I didn't want to walk home alone in the dark, but then I realized that I could either take a taxi home or try to find another bus route that would work. Luckily there was another bus coming that wouldn't be as convenient as my normal one, but it would work. So I rode that home with a bunch of office workers coming home after a long week.

Seriously, everything here closes so early. Groceries close at about 7:00. The last bus home on a Friday night leaves at 10:58. Restaurants are closed by 9:00 unless they're bars. I mean really, in the US if a restaurant closed at 9PM on a weekend, it wouldn't last a month. It's just a very different time schedule, I guess. I don't like it. I want my 2AM Taco Bell.

And now I'm tired and going to bed.

Oh, but an update on the burns: My fingers are totally fine now. They stopped hurting last night, actually. The burn wouldn't have been painful at all, probably, if it hadn't been directly on my fingertips.

2 comments:

Katie K said...

I hear you. Things close early here as well. In fact, I have to shop on Saturday or else it's no food on Sunday! ;) But I like it. I like the fact that society is forcing me to think ahead and prepare - and to relax for at least one day out of the week. At least everyone is guaranteed one day off. It sounds fair although I can see it being inconvenient for those midnight hunger pangs. :)

KansaiKristen08 said...

Hmm, that's a really good way to think of it! You always have the most upbeat attitude. I never would have seen it like that.