Today was pretty productive, and I have tomorrow off because it’s University Foundation Day, so I was able to take it easy this evening. I was able to get the rest of my laundry in the wash before heading to class, even. That was a good start.
I aced both my kanji quiz and vocab quiz this morning, and after spending some time in the language lab finally wrapped my head around causative-passive verbs. For lunch I had some yummy chicken nuggets while I edited David’s paper, which was relaxing.
I don’t have classes on Monday afternoon, so I returned home, ran the sweeper, and put my clothes out to dry. I have also decided that I need to get a little bit of physical activity in my life, so I did some crunches and little floor exercises before taking a nap.
Made grilled cheese for supper, got my laundry folded, and showered. I had been invited to go out for karaoke at 8:00, but decided against it. It’s kind of cold outside (probably about 50 degrees), and I didn’t feel like making the twenty minute hike to Makino to spend ¥2000 and get home late. Instead, I fixed some potstickers as a snack and watched Twister in the lounge with Paui and Daniel. I remember the first time I saw that movie; we were at Aunt Louise’s house for some family gathering, and I remember sitting in what is now Andrew’s room with Nick and Aimee, playing MindTrap and watching the film. It was so scary and well-made at the time; now the fluffy 90s hair, huge cell phones, and terrible dialogue are just fun.
Tomorrow I’m going to Hōryūji, so I’ll be getting up early. Time for me to head to bed, then. I’ll have a very long update for tomorrow, I’m sure.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on your quizzes! I remember, too, how intense Twister was when it first came out. The timing was kind of bad around home, because a tornado had hit a trailer park in Bullitt Co. just before the movie was released. I saw the film again recently on broadcast TV, and the flying cow now looked reminiscent of Monty Python. :-)
Enjoy your day off! Talk to you soon.
Love,
Dad
You know, it seems like you have a bunch of single days off. Not week-long breaks, like we have, but just lots of little holidays.
When did Twister come out, anyhow? I saw it in 8th grade and wasn't impressed. I mean, that first scene where her father is trying to hold the door closed? It comes off, he goes flying, and there's not a single gust of wind in their shelter. I mean, an F5 tornado would have gotten the little dog, wouldn't it?
IMDB says it came out in 1996, so I saw it 6 years later. IMDB also says that it is "Rated PG-13 for intense depiction of very bad weather."
Post a Comment