Today was nice and warm and sunny, which was nice. In speaking class, Japanese students came in and helped us prepare for our speaking exam tomorrow, so I'm feeling pretty confident about that. And I've had a good time chatting with friends today, too. So it's been a good day. Plus, I've made progress on my Film and Lit paper, and I finished my art paper.
I forgot to mention this and it happened like forever ago, but since I included it on my list of things I've done, I figure I should explain. Way back in September when I first went to Kyōto with the Japanese students to see Yasaka Jinja and Kiyomizudera, we were walking through a street in the eastern part of the city when we came across this camera crew. There were a man and woman on a motorcycle, and the cameras were filming them getting ready to drive downhill. Turns out they were Thai movie stars making a film. Go figure.
There's a kind of candy here called Walky-Walky. I have never tried it, because who names a candy something silly like "Walky-Walky" if it's delicious? But my friend Daniel assures me that they are amazing and are like chocolate Nerds. So, David, I think, in honor of your love of Nerds (which, by the way, you have spilled all over my car), I will try some Walky-Walky and bring it back for you if it really is good.
When I was coming back from Osaka last weekend, I was standing at the ticket vending machine at one of the stations buying my ticket. There was an old lady at the ticket machine next to me, and as I was turning to leave, she asked me for help. ^_^ It made me so happy! I mean, I was scared out of my mind because I knew I should be using keigo and stuff but I was too nervous. But I was able to tell her that that machine was card only, and to use coins she needed to use the machine I was at. After that I ran off. I was so excited, though, that a Japanese person had asked me for help! It made me proud. And she was an adorable little old lady.
I'm hungry, but I don't know why. I've eaten what I think should be enough, but my tummy feels empty. Strange. I'll wait it out; it's bedtime now anyway.
Today I started looking into baggage restrictions and stuff for my flight home. I still need to get a taxi, but I think I'll start investigating that tomorrow.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment