Today was considerably better than yesterday, which is funny, because as I was riding my bike to school I passed a Japanese student whose jeans (yes, jeans--I don't think American pants talk to us; usually we leave that to witty t-shirts) said "Today will be a better day." Apparently Japanese blue jeans don't lie.
This was my last regular Tuesday, for which I am grateful. Tuesdays are always long, as a feel the need to mention every week. Sorry, I get really repetitive, I know. My Japanese classes are winding down, which is good; if I had to learn one more verb form I think my head would pop. In reading/writing today we played a Jeopardy-like game, which my team lost miserably, although it was fun.
After class I found out that a good friend and his girlfriend of about two years have split up, so that was a bit of a downer. (;_;)
I thoroughly enjoyed lunch today. I got the really good curry rice from the round cafeteria. I like to sit up on the second floor and look at the garden outside and read while I eat, and that's what I did today. It was nice. I wish the thing I was reading hadn't been research on the life of Ogata Kōrin, but what are you gonna do?
Psychology today was pretty boring. I've just lost interest. In Film and Lit, though, we watched a French comedy that I really, really enjoyed called Fear and Trembling. It's a hilarious movie about a young Belgian woman who goes to work for a Japanese corporation as a translator and through a series of mistakes works her way down the corporate ladder to the position of bathroom attendant. I can relate. After class, Dr. Hollstein asked me to help one of my classmates study for the final exam because she's having trouble with the English. That made me happy, that now I have something to do to help somebody else, and that he thought to ask me to do it.
I've got two big final papers due on Friday, and I haven't started really writing either one, although today I got a good pre-writing start on both. I stopped by the library this morning to get books on the Rimpa school for art history, where I'm writing a paper on Red and White Plum Blossoms. I also went to the language lab to watch Rising Sun for my Film and Lit paper, although I didn't get to finish viewing it before the lab closed. I'll continue watching tomorrow morning.
I'm really not looking forward to doing the papers; they shouldn't be bad, really, but I'm totally uninspired. My only exciting thing is the title for the Film and Lit paper: "Wesley and Sean Go On Safari: Rising Sun, Animal Behavior, and Dehumanizing the Japanese." I thought that was clever; I like fun titles. Now if I can just squeeze seven pages out of that. Luckily, the art paper is only three to four pages, so I can probably BS my way through it to a large degree, especially because we can include a section on our opinions. Not that I would ever slack on a paper. I am a good student and always try my hardest. Except when it's the end of the semester and I want to go home and I don't feel like writing. ::headdesk::
One year ago today I made it official with David on Facebook, so I consider this our first anniversary of being together. (^_^) That makes me happy. We'll have to go on a nice celebration date when I get home; the Skype dates are nice, but they just don't cut it for a big event like this.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to hear it was a better day for you! Hang in there; you'll be home soon.
Happy Anniversary to you and David!
<3 Dad
Post a Comment