Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kind of a complainy post

Tuesdays are really busy for me. I have five hours of classes, and at the end of the day I'm wiped out.

I woke up with a sore throat this morning, and I hope it doesn't get worse. I'm going to gargle with salt water tonight, so I hope that helps. Sometimes I feel like I really can't catch a break. >.<

The weather today was beautiful, and very like September at home. It's supposed to storm later on in the week, and I think it's a typhoon. At least, that's what the weather map looked like.

Speaking of typhoons, what is this about me leaving the States and everything falling apart?! Geez, I can't even leave you all for three weeks and you get hurricaned and the stock market goes nuts. Louisville's in a state of emergency, Cara's family can't come visit her now, Ukraine's ruling party collapsed, Lehman Brothers is down the tubes, Mr Ashby needs surgery, I'm getting sick. Really? Did it all have to happen at once? For crying in the mud, World. Keep it together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears your leaving has thrown off the very delicately balanced placement of positive and negative energy in the Universe. You know, the whole "butterfly effect" and all. Remove a quantum of possitive energy from the US and place it Japan, and a proportionate quantum of negative energy is left to tip the scales. The magnitude of negatives ought to tell you something about how positively the Universe values you!! But...It appears she over-corrected a bit with all the calamity here, so she's balancing things out with the sore throat. :-)

I am sorry to hear you're not feeling well, and I hope the salt water gargle helps.

Love and miss you,
Dad

onceuponanever said...

No no, your dad has made it all too simple. It's not the butterfly effect, it's a government conspiracy and cover-up. They knew they couldn't get away with it if you were here.

But yeah, things are nuts.

Say, are you going to be able to vote? Hmmm, peer pressure. Like that one postsecret