Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tutoring

I had my regular Japanese classes this morning, and they went well. I remembered to do all my homework this time, which was good. ^_^ The weather was nice and cool today, if a bit overcast, so I ate my udon lunch outside, which was nice. In the afternoon I had Asian Psychologies, which was fairly uneventful.

After that, though, I went to tutor little kids in English. My friend Andrew does a bit of tutoring for this small place, so I filled in for him today because he had a class. It was a lot of fun. There were two classes--one of four girls, the other of three boys. They were all about six or seven years old, I'd say, and it was a blast. We did flashcards and read a little Finding Nemo cartoon, and did charades. It was a lot of fun, and a very productive way to spend a few hours. I was really nervous going into it, but I'm definitely glad I did it. The teacher wants me to come back next month, and I think I will. It was nice.

After that I had okonomiyaki at Sachi, the little place around the corner. Again. I go there like every day. It's so delicious and convenient, though! And the coupons are so cute and homemade, with little pictures of bunnies and puppies drawn on them. I love it.

I'm really exhausted, so I'm planning to go to bed early tonight. Last night I didn't sleep too well; I had a dream that Erin and I were housesitting for Grandma, but then Erin wasn't there, though I thought there was an intruder in the house. >.< Nightmares are no fun.

I'm wondering what, if anything, I should do this weekend. I'd love to take it easy, but I feel like I should go on a short trip somewhere. I dunno.

This study abroad thing is fun, but there's actually a lot of pressure on me, I feel. It's such a unique opportunity and I don't want to blow it; I feel bad if I'm not visiting some important cultural site in all my free time. I'll probably only be over here this once and I want to get the most possible out of it, but I'm trying not to wear myself out doing it. It's a tough balance.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Sometimes it's nice to just take it easy. I'm very much looking foreward to staying in town this weekend. Though I am going to a discotheque, which is kind of a cultural experience, I guess....

But yeah, don't be afraid to just relax every once in awhile. the cultural sites won't disappear on you