Today I went to Kuzuha Mall all by myself. I wanted some time to explore on my own. I rode my bike to the train station and payed a small fee to park it there. I found the right train and made it to the mall just fine. I walked around for probably an hour and a half, and bought some souvenirs for various people. I also stopped at the grocery store in the mall and bought some of my cooking supplies for a salmon recipe I found.
At that point, I really, really wanted some McDonald's. I like it a lot in the US, but here it's basically a staple of my diet. It's the most filling thing I can find, so I try to eat it when I can. I set off down a promising looking street figuring surely I'd run into a McDonald's sooner or later. Three 7Elevens, a mile, and a rain shower down the road, I was still burgerless. So I turned around, and found a McDonald's less than a block from where I had started. Kinda frustrating, but I got my food! Mmmmm Filet-o-Fish!
Took the train home in the rain, only to find that someone had taken my umbrella from the train station. Oh well, it wasn't really a big deal. It was just a cheap one from the convenience store. I collected my bike and rode homeward, but I missed my turn and got a bit confused. I worked it all out in the end, and stopped at a different grocery store to buy my fish. I had to ask a lady if it was salmon, and she said yes, along with telling me that the kind I had found was good with salt. At least, I think that's what she said. Anyway, I had all my food (I also found Oreos!) so I came home to take a nap.
And that's been my day.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment