Friday, September 26, 2008

Sick.

This morning I woke up feeling pretty bad. It was my chronic stomach thing acting up again, unfortunately. It hurt a lot for about an hour, and I wasn't able to get ready for class in time because of that. So I sent my speaking teacher an email saying I wouldn't be there, and I sent my homework along with my roommate. She said I can make up the vocab quiz next week, which was a nice surprise. I was really disappointed not to get to go to class, but I honestly don't think I had the strength to bike to school at that point. So after getting my absence in order I went back to bed for a few hours and got some food into my system. I was able to make my last afternoon class, which was good. I'm feeling fine now, just very very drained.

Then I went to the grocery. I accidentally spend probably an hour and a half doing my shopping, which was not my intention! It's hard to shop for just one person. My friend Daniel had a good suggestion, though, that we get a small group to take turns cooking once or twice a week, so it's easier for everyone. It just seems so silly for me to make a special trip to the grocery to buy chicken and cheese and sauce to make parmesean chicken just for me, when it'll probably turn out pretty bad anyway.

And now I have showered, and I'm about to go make some instant curry for supper, I think. I'm going to bed very early tonight so I can regain my strength. It's a little bizarre how much simple pain can sap the life out of you. Weird. Oh well, I'm doing better now.

No comments: